AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
FINALIST – Haircare Category
Weleda – Oat Replenishing Shampoo
Excellent. Mostly organic or biodynamic (which are organic and then have to pass even stricter protocols!)
Social Responsibility Summary:
- Founded Dr Rudolf Steiner in 1921, also the founder of biodynamic farming. Company continues to strive to make the world a better place through fair trade, biodynamic cultivation and responsible use of environmental resources.
- 100% certified natural and organic (NaTrue)
- Certified by the Union for Ethical Biotrade UEBT
- Preserving biodiversity in biodynamic gardens and through fair trade partners – together cultivate organically approximately 248 square kilometres worldwide, the equivalent of almost 35,000 football pitches
- Reuse water as much as possible
- Zero microplastics –certified with the Look for the Zero logo
- TerraCycle collection for packaging
- Own production with 100% electricity from renewable sources at three main locations
“Weleda’s Oat Replenishing Shampoo is specifically made for Dry & Damaged hair. Having coloured hair myself, I was really looking forward to trying it out. It’s a thinner viscosity gel shampoo than I have been used to, but it dispersed through my hair really well.
Once washed out, my hair felt clean and soft without feeling stripped of oils and damagingly ‘squeaky’ clean. This Shampoo has a scent from organic essential oils which is pleasant and not overwhelming.
A fantastic non-toxic shampoo for dry and damaged hair.”
“Lathered and cleaned well. A bit runnier than I expected so came out quickly. Didn’t suit my fine hair unfortunately. A nice natural product though.
Main Ingredients: Oat extract. Jojoba seed oil
Australian Owned / Operated: No
Australian Made: No
“I have colour-treated hair with dry ends, so this shampoo was destined to end up in my shower rack one day, and boy am I glad that it did! What I love about it is that unlike other shampoos intended for dry & damaged hair, it actually doesn’t leave my fine, dead-straight strands all flat and lifeless. My hair definitely feels thicker, healthier and more full-bodied since I started using it.
Admittedly the scent in the bottle is quite strong and overpowering but it smells fine after drying my hair. Now I just need the matching conditioner to complete the set!”
“This is hands down the best natural shampoo I have tried! It’s an absolute favourite, only a very small amount is needed to wash dirty hair, even oily hair or hair with product in it, only one wash is all that’s needed. It doesn’t dry my hair at all, it works like magic, I’m considering hiding this product & not sharing with the family as it is just sooooo good!!! Best of all it doesn’t contain any parabens & does exactly as it claims, it gently cleanses the hair & resurfaces the hair removing oil, dirt & grime. My hair feels supple even washing it every day. Highly recommended!”
“I could 100% see the benefits of this shampoo in the few short washes I used it. My hair really did start to look a lot smoother and strengthened my hair which is normally prone to breakages.”