AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
PEOPLE’S CHOICE ROSETTE WINNER – Lunchbox Category
Onya – Reusable Sandwich Wrap
Good. Recycled PET bottles with a fully foodsafe PEVA lining.
Social Responsibility Summary:
- Ethically sourced – all raw materials responsibly procured and certified recycled by the Global Recycled Standard
- Ethically Made – all manufacturing partners are regularly audited by an independent 3rd party to ensure their workers are paid a living wage, have access to resources & have fair and safe working conditions
- Sustainable Packaging (post-consumer recycled material and printed with plant based inks suitable for both recycling or composting)
- FDA Approved for food contact safety
- B Corp Certified – advocate for ethical and sustainable business practices
- All orders shipped in single use plastic free FSC certified paper based packaging that can be recycled after use
- 1% for the Planet Member – 1% of all retail sales goes toward environmental non profits
- Part of the Circular Economy (using recycled materials, all reusable products also fully recyclable)
- Vegan Friendly
- Through support of customers purchasing Onya products, 19.54 tonnes of plastic waste was diverted from landfill in 2018. Since 2004, through the sale of Onya shopping bags it is estimated that 19,030,384 single use plastic shopping bags have been avoided and diverted from the waste stream
“The Onya Sandwich Wrap is a wonderful idea and makes packing lunches no matter what the size, shape or contents a breeze. These replace single use zip lock plastic bags, paper bags or a lunchbox. They are so easy to use, they look great and are also easy to wipe clean. The Sandwich Wrap uses Velcro to securely fasten and has a clear name window for school lunches.
I love that Onya products are made using all recycled materials and are all recyclable at the end of their lives.
With this lunch wrap the outer lining is recycled PET bottles which is a safe plastic. The inner lining of this lunch wrap is made from PEVA which is classified as being completely food safe, however there are studies which do raise questions about its complete non-toxic status. I use this Sandwich wrap with a large beeswax wrap inside so that food isn’t actually touching the lining. I find it fantastic for keeping contents together and also for protecting things from getting squashed and unravelling. It makes a great lunch box alternative and can wrap up almost anything whilst being soft enough to squeeze into a backpack.
This is a really useful, adaptable food container which I keep finding more and more uses for.”
“Fantastic idea for lunches. Made from recycled plastic bottles so great for the reuse of recycled material. I found it to be very versatile. The way it is made it can accommodate a wide variety of sandwiches, rolls, snacks, cakes etc. It has a window on the front for a name and washes up easily. I think it would be great for lunch, picnics, travel and more. It is light weight, durable and easily reused – what more do you need to wrap your sandwich in!
Size: 44cms x 37cms
Type: Lunch wrap
Design intent: An alternative to bulky lunchboxes, eco-friendly option – designed to be reused. Say goodbye to single use plastics. Certified B Corporation
Material: BPA free. Washable. 100% recycled drink bottles – rPET
Australian Owned / Operated: Yes
Australian Made: No. Designed in Australia
“This is an awesome little invention (like pretty much everything in the Onya range!) Not only does it work well as a sandwich or snack wrap, it’s doubles as a fantastic folding and unwrapping exercise for my three-year-old. It actually came along at the perfect time because I was struggling to fit enough lunch into my son’s lunchbox. I started using the wrap for his afternoon snack of crackers and was concerned he might not be able to unwrap them himself. As always, he proved me wrong, and now packing and unpacking snacks in the sandwich wrap has become a favourite pastime!
I love that it’s made using recycled plastic bottles, and that it has a name tag. It’s also come in handy for car trips and picnics. It always keeps its contents super fresh. Goodbye cling wrap/ tin foil!”
“Going the zero-waste movement & ditch the cling wrap for good! This Eco-Friendly product is made from recycled PET bottles that are lined with a food-safe PEVA lining, a non-chlorinated vinyl. This means that you don’t need to buy cling wrap anymore & you don’t need to wrap your sandwiches in plastic either, simply wrap your food in this food-safe wrap & off you go. My daughter prefers this food wrap to lunch boxes as it folds up neatly after use, then she doesn’t have to cart an empty lunch box around & it is really easy to clean & quick drying too. PEVA is used in many items around the home including toys, shower curtains, shoes, baby bibs, car seat covers & mattress protectors. This food wrap is easy to wash & dry, it keeps food fresh without common plastics that can leach nasty chemicals into your food. Highly recommended!”
“We love love love this waste-free alternative. Not having to pack the lunch box full of plastic and waste is great. All of the filling remained inside of the sandwich and to be able to just chuck it in the bag is fab. Washed well and easy to store.”