AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
PEOPLE’S CHOICE ROSETTE WINNER – Drink Bottle Category
Biome – Insulated Glass Tea Flask
Excellent. Heat resistant Borosilicate glass, Food grade 304 Stainless steel, Bamboo, BPA free plastic, Silicone seal.
Social Responsibility Summary:
- Every product at Biome is free from all known or suspected toxins
- Made without exploitation or harm to people or animals
- Only stock products longer lasting than the alternative, thus saving resources and pollution
- B Corporation certification
- GreenPower for locations, plus energy efficient lighting
- Offset online shipping’s environmental impact by donating to Greening Australia’s Reef Aid program
- In store recycling program
- Re-using of all materials for packing orders in warehouse
- Fitting out stores with recycled, repurposed, and no VOC materials
- Seek packaging free products from suppliers
- Very strict standards on products stocked- from ingredients to biodegradability, sustainability and less carbon miles.
- A huge list of environmental and community organisations supported over the years including donations to many school waste free lunch and composting programs as well as the Ipswich Koala Protection Society.
- Australian business
“Biome’s Insulated Glass Tea Flask not only looks elegant and stylish, but it is so lovely to use. With two parts to the filter, you can pop in tea leaves or fruit into the container and the lid stops them coming swimming out if the bottle tips. The double walled insulation keeps a tea hot for 5 hours or cold for 8 hours meaning that this is the perfect accessory to getting through a work day – or every day out and about.
I was petrified to use this around my children and so this came to work with me and was used to make myself tea in the evenings. I’d make it up at dinner time and then it was still hot and beautifully infused and delicious to settle down to once the children were in bed! I love that this is easy to clean as the filter attachment comes out of the bottle and the bottle has a big wide neck. I also love that the underneath of the cap is stainless steel and not plastic. I’m not a fan of hot liquids touching plastic. So this ticks all the boxes.
“This tea flask is beautifully designed and made. The flask is double walled glass with a stainless steel strainer and a stylish bamboo lid. It’s easy to make tea in and works quickly. The double wall keeps the outside cool while the inside is hot. I love this idea and look forward to trying a wide range of teas in it.
Size: 500ml. 26cm high x 7cm wide
Type: Double walled glass tea flask with bamboo lid
Design intent: Insulated glass tea flask, with a versatile 2 in 1 stainless steel filter for making teas, fruit infused water, coffee and more
Material: Bottle: Borosilicate glass. Filter/infuser: 304 stainless steel. Lid: bamboo outside, stainless steel and BPA free plastic inside. Silicone seal.
Australian Owned / Operated: Yes
Australian Made: No
“This is a lovely alternative to your standard pot of brewed tea, and it looks so elegant. I love it because it pours two cups of tea instead of one (always necessary in my house) and the insulation keeps tea hot without the need for a tea cosy, while staying cool enough to pick up and either sip from or pour into a teacup. I love that it’s made with reusable borosilicate glass and bamboo and that you can remove the tea infuser to turn it into a flask or water bottle, keeping water either hot or cool, depending what you fancy! While it’s a little too fragile to use with little hands about, I’ve certainly enjoyed using it while working or in the evenings for a late night cuppa.”
“Such an elegant flask, I love that I can make a herbal tea & the glass is clear so you can see how much you’ve drunk & be encouraged to drink more, I need that! This is my favourite on the go flask for when I’m heading to work, it is stylish rather than sporty looking which I love.”
“I Love Love Love this Flask, I have used it every day since it arrived. I am constantly asked where to get one. I love the versatility of using tea, fruit etc. to fancy up my water each day. It is super visually appealing too with a beautiful bamboo cap.”