AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
SILVER ROSETTE WINNER – Haircare Category
Biome – Shampoo & Body Bar
Excellent. Some organic ingredients.
Social Responsibility Summary:
- Every product at Biome is free from all known or suspected toxins
- Made without exploitation or harm to people or animals
- Only stock products longer lasting than the alternative, thus saving resources and pollution
- B Corporation certification
- GreenPower for locations, plus energy efficient lighting
- Offset online shipping’s environmental impact by donating to Greening Australia’s Reef Aid program
- In store recycling program
- Re-using of all materials for packing orders in warehouse
- Fitting out stores with recycled, repurposed, and no VOC materials
- Seek packaging free products from suppliers
- Very strict standards on products stocked- from ingredients to biodegradability, sustainability and less carbon miles.
- A huge list of environmental and community organisations supported over the years including donations to many school waste free lunch and composting programs as well as the Ipswich Koala Protection Society.
- Australian business
“Biome’s Shampoo and Body Bar is gentle, almost completely unscented and generous sized. With nourishing ingredients of hemp seed, castor and jojoba oils, this works effectively as a shampoo which leaves your hair feeling soft but with surprising amounts of volume too. This is also a great body bar as it is moisturising and won’t dry out your skin like soap will.
Like all shampoo bars, it’s important to keep it in a place up where it can drain and be away from water. This was such a generous bar, I cut it in half and just used one half first which made it last even longer. I have sensitive skin and this product was a pleasure to use. I did need to use a conditioner afterwards, but I’ve never not had to. I loved that not only is this an excellent non-toxic shampoo, but I’m also saving plastic from going to land fill.”
“I haven’t used a bar soap in years and have only recently discovered shampoo bars. So, rubbing a bar of soap in my hair that also works on my body, felt a little strange. But I was pleasantly surprised. I have difficult oily, fine hair and the bar left my hair looking clean, full and healthy. Usually if I don’t blow dry it, it sticks to my head but that didn’t happen when I used this shampoo bar. I didn’t cleanse after with AC vinegar – just a comb through under water to ensure the knots were out. And a lovely clean head of hair! It also worked really well as a body soap. An environmentally and economic friendly shampoo and soap in one! Great product.
Main Ingredients: Saponified oils of coconut, olive, hemp seed, castor and jojoba
Organic Ingredients: Contains some
Australian Owned / Operated: Yes
Australian Made: Yes
“I’ve used shampoo bars in the past and not particularly loved using them – mostly because I’ve had to work really hard to get a decent amount of lather going. What I love about this shampoo (and body) bar is that I only need to rub it into my scalp a couple of times to work up enough lather to wash my entire mop of hair!
I adore the ingredients of coconut, jojoba, castor, olive oils and lavender and bergamot essential oils. I also love that it simplifies my shower routine by being a shampoo and body bar in one! The best bit of course is that my hair loves it – it’s more volumised and moisturised since I started using it. Oh, and the other best bit is that it’s extremely kind to mother nature – no plastic (or any other packaging) was used in the making of this hair wash. Win, win!”
“What a great way to wash your hair & body without using any plastic packaging or needing to recycle either. Only a paper label is used. I think this product is perfect for all hair styles, it lathers really well, some may say that it doesn’t work as well as a liquid shampoo, but I think it’s all in the way you lather & apply it. It is easy to use, simply wet your hair & the soap bar, then create enough lather to shampoo your hair according to hair length. You’ll also need to more lather (shampoo foam) to wash hair that has product in it such as hair gel. Highly recommended!”
“I found this perfect for my husband to use and he loved it. An all in one soap/shampoo is awesome for him”