AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
GOLD & PEOPLE’S CHOICE ROSETTE WINNER – Baby Skincare / Moisturiser Category
Weleda – White Mallow Face Cream
Ingredients: Excellent* Mostly organic or biodynamic (which are organic and then have to pass even stricter protocols!)
Social Responsibility Summary:
- Founded Dr Rudolf Steiner in 1921, also the founder of biodynamic farming. Company continues to strive to make the world a better place through fair trade, biodynamic cultivation and responsible use of environmental resources.
- 100% certified natural and organic (NaTrue)
- Certified by the Union for Ethical Biotrade UEBT
- Preserving biodiversity in biodynamic gardens and through fair trade partners – together cultivate organically approximately 248 square kilometres worldwide, the equivalent of almost 35,000 football pitches
- Reuse water as much as possible
- Zero microplastics –certified with the Look for the Zero logo
- TerraCycle collection for packaging
- Own production with 100% electricity from renewable sources at three main locations
“The Weleda Baby White Mallow Face Cream has been a game changer for the management of my son’s facial eczema. Before finding this cream, I’d tried what felt like every cream imaginable, including steroids and could not get his skin properly clear.
This cream is surprisingly light and easily absorbed which is very different from the many thick greasy barrier eczema creams I’d tried before. It was such a contrast that at first I thought there was no way it could be moisturising enough, however within a day the redness had gone out of his skin and with regular application, his skin cleared completely! As it is so well absorbed, I literally had to apply it about 10 times a day at first when he had inflamed eczema and still apply it 4 times a day.
This cream also works a treat on my daughter too when she gets red dry cheeks in winter. I just put it on before she goes to sleep at night and by morning, her cheeks are soft and back to normal. It is so so good.
Whilst I can’t recommend it highly enough from personal experience, I also feel very cautious about my recommendation. This product contains almond, sesame seed, coconut and sunflower oils. The latest allergy and medical advice is if you have a baby with a high risk of a food allergy or eczema, not to use any product with a food ingredient due to the risk of sensitisation leading to a severe food allergy.
My son was 8 months old by the time I found this cream and he had already been confirmed to not have a nut or sesame allergy and was eating these in his diet regularly.
This cream is truly magic for red cheeks and eczema and ensures skin is back to clear and baby soft in no time.
* Food Products in the ingredients lists in the form of almond and sesame seed oils. Studies have shown a link between the application of a potential food allergen repeatedly onto the skin and food allergen sensitisation. This increases the potential for severe food allergic reactions when the food is actually eaten. This is especially relevant for a child with a high risk of food allergy and also those with eczema.
“The Weleda White Mallow Face cream is a lovely, light, hydrating cream for precious skin. It has worked well on red cheeks that have windburn and are sore from teething / general dryness. It goes on easily and is absorbed quickly. It’s so gentle that I use it on other areas of baby’s body with confidence as well as my own hands. Smells lovely too.
Type: Face cream
Main Ingredients: White Mallow, pansy, sweet almond, beeswax and coconut
Australian Owned / Operated: No
Australian Made: No
“This is such a gem of a product – the fragrance is sweet yet subtle and the consistency feels great between my fingers. My baby’s skin literally drinks it up – it’s extremely absorbent – leaving no greasy residue on baby’s face. My baby doesn’t suffer from any dermal issues but I reckon this would be the cream I’d use if he did. The packaging is user friendly and I can hand it to baby to play with while I apply the cream.”
“This cream is highly moisturising & really provides a long-lasting barrier on the skin. Formulated to nourish, smooth & calm the skin, I can highly recommend this product for someone that needs extra hydration to treat dry skin complaints. I’ve applied this to my hands & to treat dry skin patches on my face, I’d continue to use this product for areas that need extra TLC like the neck & under eye area, I’d also use this for outdoor activities where the cold air & wind can cause the skin to become dry. This product has an awesome barrier effect on the skin that I know I can trust to protect my skin.”
“Used this on a dry spot on my son and cleared up within a couple of days. Really impressed with this product.”