AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
GOLD & PEOPLE’S CHOICE WINNER – Disposable Nappy Category
Joonya – Skin Loving, Super Absorbent Nappies
$10 off your first nappies or wipes subscription order! Discount code: “TOXINFREE10”
Trial Offer: Free products (1 pack of 80 wipes & 3 nappies), pay $8 to help cover shipping.
Ingredients and materials:
Excellent. Tested chlorine free, fragrance free, lotion free, phthalate free, heavy metal, latex and pesticide free. Non-toxic inks. Fsc certified wood pulp, safe and green plastics used where applicable. Dermatologically tested. Full disclosure of all ingredients and testing.
Social Responsibility Summary:
- Believe in transparency and fully disclose materials and toxicology test results.
- Bulk carton model designed to pass on savings to customers. They believe all families should be able to afford non-toxic, sustainable nappies.
- First Australian-owned brand of nappy to have its own FSC® license. The FSC®certification supports responsible use of forests for future generations. A strict chain of custody scheme ensures the consumer receives genuinely certified materials, represented by the logo with a license number appearing on the product packaging.
- Absorbent core contains certified pulp by the Forest Stewardship Council®
- Independent tests carried out by Eurofins Laboratory to ensure no harmful ingredients, allergens or suspected carcinogens.
- Phthalate Free, Chlorine Free, Latex Free, Lotion Free, Fragrance Free.
- Designed to minimize the risks of allergy and nappy rash.
- Certified by ‘Original Dermatest® Germany. Confirms nappies do not cause skin irritation or hypersensitivity after dermatological procedure on test panel.
- 100% bio based material that is in direct contact with baby’s skin.
- The printing color is free from heavy metals and not harmful to health.
- Responsibly made in Europe to the highest standards in safety.
- Certified Cruelty Free & Vegan
- Plant 1 tree for every order through Trees.org.
- Nappy bags are made from I’m GreenTMPolyethylene – recyclable plastic produced from sugarcane – a renewable raw material.
- Carbon neutral shipping with Australia Post.
- Compostable & non-toxic mailer bags used by Better Packaging Co to ship trial boxes.
- Earth friendly cardboard bulk & trial cartons.
- Support Hoxton Industries with pick and pack work – a social enterprise providing employment to people with disabilities.
- Australian owned family business. Designed by parents.
“Joonya nappies are incredibly soft and slim line. The material feels so so soft and silky and the nappy when on is almost imperceptible under clothes.
Joonya nappies have no pleating at the back which ensures a slim fit under clothes. I was unsure of this feature at first as I’d never tried a nappy like it, however the nappies fit like a glove thanks to the extra wide sides and very stretchy tabs. They have great elastic and material pleating around the legs which ensures that there won’t be any leaking from the side.
Joonya nappies also have a patented channel technology which is an absolute game changer and allows the whole nappy to be available for absorbing liquid rather than just the front. During the day this is immediately noticeable as my son no longer gets a ‘full nappy swagger’ from a central and heavy pooling in the nappy at the front. It is also very noticeable over night as his nappy won’t leak from being full just at the front. I can’t count how many times with other nappies he’d have leaked through in the night and I’d change his nappy to find only the front of it swollen and full and the rest completely dry! In the morning with this nappy, I can see even some of the back part of the nappy has been used to absorb liquid. It’s amazing!
It did take me a few days to fully perfect the fit of these on my 19 month old. I found that as the back doesn’t have pleating and the sides are so stretchy that these have to be put on tighter and with the tabs higher than other nappies. (Once my son was standing again, the nappies were no longer tight and they fitted perfectly.)
Joonya nappies are the softest, most slimline and absorbent nappies I’ve ever used, as well as being made by a business who is truly excellent, transparent and responsible in their ingredients and materials sourcing.
These aren’t available in newborn sizes yet, but for all other sizes I couldn’t recommend them more highly.”
“Joonya nappies are thin, lightweight and so soft. The top and outer layers are so lovely and soft for babies skin. They have “patented channel technology” to take away moisture and it certainly works. We found no leaks or mess and bub’s skin feels dry. No issues at all with nappy rash and they don’t tend to smell a lot when full either. I’d love them to have an indicator (text or symbol) to show which is the front for the middle of the night changes. A really great nappy that is kind on skin, very absorbent and conveniently delivered to your door!
Size: 168 nappies per cartoon
Material: FSC Certified Wood Pulp, Topsheet corns starch PLA, super absorbent material (SAP), Free of chlorine, parabens, latex, phthalates, perfumes & heavy metals. Backsheet, topsheet & bag contain bio-based, earth-friendly materials.
Australian Owned / Operated: Yes
Australian Made: No
RRP: $0.77 per nappy. Subscription $0.52 per nappy”
“These nappies really tick all the boxes for me. My greatest concern when I fell pregnant with my firstborn was nappy waste. I tried cloth nappies for four months and eventually gave up on them. Back then, biodegradable nappies were just coming into the market but I struggled to find a nappy that didn’t leak or last longer than an hour on bub’s bottom.
These nappies are made with earth-friendly materials AND they are super absorbent. They survive the whole night on my 11 month old, and there’s no dampness or nappy rash to contend with the next morning. I absolutely adore the sun pattern. Will def continue to use!”
“These nappies are super thin, even friends noticed & questioned if the toddler testing them out was even wearing a nappy at all. I think it’s great that Joonya have improved a patented technology that provides improved absorbency, so no leaks & no big nappies. This unisex design is also non-toxic, free from latex, chlorine, perfumes & heavy metals. Made from bio based materials, the absorbent core is made from wood pulp sourced from responsibly harvested forests.”
“Really loved design of these, although did not last over night. Great during the day though.”