AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
FINALIST – Baby Wipes Category
JAK ORGANICS BABY Wipes – Cleansing Barrier Wipes
Ingredients: Excellent. Mostly organic ingredients.
Social Responsibility Summary:
- Wipes have the most certified organic ingredients of any wipes
- All ingredients are 100% toxin free, 100% natural, no parabens,
- No palm oil and no GMO
- Wipes will fully compost/biodegrade in a matter of weeks- faster than others
- Australian procured cold pressed organic oils and 100% natural and organic essences (ACO certified)
- Have supported numerous charities – both micro (local community effort to help cure their child brain cancer) to larger organisations like royal flying doctor service
- Active in the community to educate others on the importance of using only the best toxin free/organic and natural products on their families skin
- Support a number or breastfeeding and prenatal associations as well as wellness communities to educate about using compostable and 100% natural products
- Manufacture with a small family business in China (just a husband and wife team) who manufacture responsibly with the least environmental impact as possible
- Use bamboo to make wipes as it is the most sustainable, renewable and compostable material available
- Australian business
“These wipes have a 2 in 1 cleansing and barrier action. The organic coconut and jojoba oils in the formulation, make it an absolute breeze to do a nappy change as everything wipes off so much more easily. They also leave the skin with a beautiful light coverage of oil as a barrier. Having a child with eczema and sensitive skin, who gets a red bottom by the next change if I miss a barrier cream, this wasn’t quite enough of a barrier for him on its own. Though, I can imagine if your child’s skin wasn’t quite so sensitive, there is the potential that this could be a true 2 in 1, which would be a dream and so convenient.
This wipe is naturally fragranced, and whilst it is a very pleasant smell, it was a bit too overpowering a smell for me when combined with the smells from a nappy change. I found I got a bit heady. If you love smells and perfumes though, I have no doubt that you’ll love these. JAK BABY wipes come in a pack with a clip top which keeps the wipes moist for longer and also reduces the chance of them being compromised hygienically.
A fantastic non-toxic, mostly organic, highly effective wipe which leaves the skin with a beautiful layer of protective oils.”
“Jak Organics Baby – Cleansing Oil Wipes. Enriched with cold pressed oils (coconut, jojoba, calendula and egyptian geranium) these wipes not only clean but soothe and protect. I love that as soon as you open the packet the beautiful and calming smell of the oils are released. Jak Organics Baby Wipes are perfect for cleaning up mess (no more “sticky” bottoms and hands, extra great for already stuck on mess) as the oils help to easily wipe it away. I found that they are strong, soft and have a good level of wetness. Gentle for baby and a great go to wipe for everyday and every situation use. As they are so effective I found I used less wipes overall.
Size: 65 wipes (17x20cm)
Type: 2 in 1 – Cleanse and barrier oil wipe
Organic Ingredients: Contains some certified organic ingredients
Palm Oil Free: Yes
Australian Owned / Operated: Yes
Australian Made: No
RRP: $8.95. Subscription: $8.06”
“What I loved insistently about these wipes is the smell – it reminds me of chamomile tea, which I associate with calming and healing. The second thing I adore about these wipes is the fact that they biodegrade in two months – yep, two months. Just think about how many baby wipes Australians get through alone in just one week – now imagine if we all used these wipes – and two months later they were gone?!
The third thing I love is that they are barrier wipes – they leave a barrier of cold-pressed oil on bub’s skin to soothe instead of leaving wet or dry. Only one or two wipes needed for a nappy change or face clean. My only criticism is that they are a little thin but that might be necessary for biodegrading. Oh – and one more little thing – if only the outer packaging was biodegradable or recyclable!”
“Featuring Coconut Oil, Jojoba & Calendula, you can feel the difference on your skin that these wipes make. Infused with soothing restorative ingredients that work to calm & hydrate the skin, I love how well these wipes work & that my skin feels silky to touch. The feedback I received was excellent from other mothers, they appreciated the fact that jar Organics wipes are biodegradable & that they work perfectly well, with so much going into land fill these days it is important that we all choose Eco-friendly options where possible.”
“These were really great for cleaning up our baby, didn’t have to use many wipes at all so they lasted quite a while.”