AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
SILVER ROSETTE WINNER – Multi-Purpose Balm Category
Weleda – Skin Food
Excellent. Mostly organic or biodynamic (which are organic and then have to pass even stricter protocols!)
Social Responsibility Summary:
- Founded Dr Rudolf Steiner in 1921, also the founder of biodynamic farming. The company continues to strive to make the world a better place through fair trade, biodynamic cultivation and responsible use of environmental resources.
- 100% certified natural and organic (NaTrue)
- Certified by the Union for Ethical Biotrade UEBT
- Preserving biodiversity in biodynamic gardens and through fair trade partners – together cultivate organically approximately 248 square kilometres worldwide, the equivalent of almost 35,000 football pitches
- Reuse water as much as possible
- Zero microplastics –certified with the Look for the Zero logo
- TerraCycle collection for packaging
- Own production with 100% electricity from renewable sources at three main locations
“Skin Food has a cult following for good reason. It is the thickest, richest cream you can imagine with a delicious sweet, slightly herbal smell from extracts of pansy, chamomile, calendula and rosemary.
Skin Food is easy to spread over the skin and even though it is thick, is easily absorbed by the skin and not greasy. It leaves the skin soft and super hydrated. My hands and lips dry out so much in winter, however when I use this regularly my skin stays smooth and soft with no dryness in sight. There’s also something about the smell and texture that makes it feel so nourishing and luxurious.
Skin Food is the quintessential multi-purpose balm and makes an amazing lip balm, hand cream, intensive cream for super dry rough patches on heels and elbows and I’ve even seen it used by a make-up artist as a facial contour highlighter over the top of make up!
I’m a huge fan of Skin Food. It’s a wonderful and super effective non-toxic multi-purpose balm and will save you from buying a multitude of other products because it just does everything so well!”
“Skin Food is an iconic Weleda and low tox product. It’s super rich – very creamy for very dry and rough skin. In the past I have found the scent not to my liking but a change in packaging and maybe formula has slightly changed the scent for me. It’s very nourishing and perfect for those really rough areas – working hands, sore feet. My hands have never felt smoother. A fantastic product and my go to for terrible winter hands next year now.
Type: Skin food
Main Ingredients: Sunflower Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Calendula, Chamomile
Organic Ingredients: Some
Australian Owned / Operated: No
Australian Made: No – Germany
“This really is “skin food” – it’s a heavy-duty cream for very dry skin so I tested it on the parts of my body that are visibly dehydrated – my hands, arms and feet. The texture is very thick, so only a small amount is needed. It also leaves quite a greasy residue so I only apply it at night before bed. The scent is lovely and familiar to me as I’m already a big fan of the Birch body scrub in this range. My skin, especially on my arms, is visibly more hydrated in the morning after one week of use – I’d like to continue using this for a month or so to see long term results!”
“This is by far the most hydrating of body balms that doesn’t leave a glossy oily residue on the skin. The hydration is long lasting even on skin that is dry & flaky. This is one product I won’t share!!”
“As I am constantly washing my hands (new bub) they can often be left feeling really dry. This really helps with this. Not oily at all.”