AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
SILVER & PEOPLE’S CHOICE ROSETTE WINNER – Bed Linen Category
The Sleep Store – Organic Cotton Fitted Cot Sheet – White Sateen
20% OFF full price Sleep Store sheets and duvet covers! Discount Code: ‘NONTOXIC20’
Excellent. 375 thread count 100% GOTS certified organic cotton
- Sleep Store organic cotton products are GOTS certified, the highest form of organic certification.
- The Sleep Store bedding is also packaging in reusable cotton bags. Swingtags are made from light card.
- The Sleep Store outer packaging is soft plastic free.
- Products are designed with longevity and quality in mind. Use a better grade of materials, zips and fastenings so they can withstand the rigours of typical everyday use.
- Overseas factories are independently audited. Stay in regular contact and visit them.
- Swapped out single use plastic mailers for paper and cardboard packs that are easy to recycle and reuse.
- Recycle all the waste that can be recycled generated through their warehouse.
- Major supporters of Oxfam for 7 years. Have raised and donated over $60,000.
- Donate large amounts of new bedding and are a foundation supporter of the charity “Give a Kid a Blanket”.
- Work closely with babywearing groups & sling libraries around New Zealand and have donated hundreds of carrier samples to groups in NZ and Australia, have sponsored peer supporter education and have also ensured their own babywearing team are highly trained.
- Run their own community project, ReCarry, recycling baby carriers that families have finished with and repair any customer returned carriers, saving these from landfill and gifting or loaning them to families who can’t afford this essential parenting tool.
- Support Playcentre, the parent cooperative early childhood centres in NZ. Regularly donate items for fundraising.
- Support Parents Centre NZ which offers classes at their centres throughout NZ to new and expectant parents. Have donated over 180 Beco baby carriers as well as large annual financial contributions as their partner. They are the main provider in New Zealand of child birth education.
- Staunch advocate for safe infant sleep. Submit recommendations to government agencies to improve the standards of infant sleep products. Will not stock an infant product that they do not consider safe. The Sleep Store is the only baby products retailer in NZ that advocates for stronger regulation and was a leader in implementing changes to the changes to the nightwear safety standard in recent years.
- Fund a team of expertly trained sleep coaches to provide infant sleep advice free of charge throughout Sleep Store support groups and free-to-access sleep advice online library. Work to reduce the stress of parenting and the support helps parents dealing with postnatal depression.
- Supporters of their local ‘Community Pantry’ project, making regular food donations.
- Supporters of Mental Health and donate to the mental health foundation of NZ.
- Support local micro-businesses – help smaller owner operators with product donations and more favourable wholesale account terms
- Staff urged to think about the rubbish that they bring into the business, such as what they bring for lunch, and how they can minimise this.
- Generate zero food waste from staff of over 20. Coffee grounds & food scraps are composted or food scraps fed to their chickens.
- One of the directors is a member of the Sustainable Business Network and former board member.
- First retailer in New Zealand to become an accredited Living Wage Employer, currently $4 higher than the minimum wage. This is starting salary for school leavers, and staff are generally paid significantly more than the living wage, even for warehouse work.
- Family owned New Zealand business.
“The Sleep Store’s organic cotton, sateen, fitted cot sheet is really well made and beautifully soft against even the softest skin.
The 375 thread count material is thick and strong and the elastic is also strong and well sewn ensuring durability for years. The sateen material is very noticeably softer than other sometimes crisp feeling organic cotton materials.
A beautifully made, superior quality and beautifully soft organic cotton fitted cot sheet designed to last. It comes packaged in a reusable cotton drawstring bag which I found useful to store it in so that the cot sheet didn’t get lost amongst the other sheets in the linen cupboard. Highly recommended.”
“This is a great sheet. I like that you can buy just the fitted sheet on its own – I never understand why you need a top sheet in a cot. Fits really well and bub is sleeping soundly on it. Easy to wash and doesn’t crush at all. Goes on smooth. Good elastic. Recommended purchase.
Type: Cot fitted sheet
Main Ingredients: Organic Cotton – 375TC
Organic Ingredients: Yes – GOTS Certified
Australian Owned / Operated: No – NZ
Australian Made: No – India
“Putting bub to sleep on this sheet is as good as setting him to drift upon a soft, silky cloud. The wonderful thing about this material is that it’s retained its softness through multiple washes, whereas other organic sheets I’ve owned have struggled to retain their initial texture. I really do have the feeling these sheets will last a long while – it’s a pity I don’t plan on having any more bubbas!”
“Top quality & super silky to touch, this is the softest cot sheet & the elastic is nice & thick, so it is easy to put on the cot & will last a long time. The cotton is a substantial thickness, but what I really appreciate is the softness of the cotton, which is important against baby’s skin to encourage a peaceful sleep.”
“Came in beautiful carry bag so great for storing away in the linen cupboard, very soft for baby to sleep on, high quality organic material.”