AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
FINALIST – Deodorant Category
My Shay – Original Blend No.1 Deodorant
Excellent. Many organic ingredients.
Social Responsibility Summary:
- Use high quality non-toxic raw ingredients, organic and fair trade whenever possible
- Fair trade certified organic shea butter bought directly from women in Ghana, West Africa
- Certified organic coconut oil and cacao butter
- Plastic free
- Tins and glass jars can be refilled, reused and recycled
- Launching new cardboard pots made from recycled paper which are refillable and compostable
- Cruelty free, no animal testing, no animal products.
- Palm oil free
- Home compostable mailers
- Use paper tape instead of sticky tape wherever possible
- Refill locations from bulk supply at several locations in Hobart
- Support local organisations that support women’s health, including the Ultimate Foundation of Hope, a Tasmanian organisation that supports women living with gynaecological cancer.
- Supply natural deodorant to Hobart’s Convict City Roller Derby league.
“My Shay Deodorant paste is an effective, non-toxic, great smelling natural deodorant which comes in a larger screw top aluminium tin. My Shay has a unisex scent from essential oils of lavender, geranium and orange which is pleasant and subtle.
I found this deodorant very effective and reliable. I totally trust that this works for a full day of rushing around after children or at work or a social event and I don’t have to think about reapplying. It doesn’t leave marks on clothes and it’s mostly super easy to apply. (It did take a tiny bit more work to get out of the tub on some freezing winter mornings, but really, it’s so easy and SO effective.) I really like the larger tin too. Life is busy and it’s nice to know you’re not going to run out soon. I also found this tin much easier to open than some which was great.
This deodorant does contain bicarb, however it seems not as much as some others as I have heard reports of people who are bicarb sensitive still using this paste successfully.
Such a great, non-toxic and reliable natural deodorant. Highly recommended.”
“My Shay is a paste deodorant based on shea butter, coconut oil and cacao butter. You only need a small amount to make it work. I found it to be effective. As good as the Lemon Myrtle – just a different lighter scent of orange. A great product.
*Note: Deodorant choice is very personal and each user is likely to have a different response. This product contains sodium bicarbonate which some people react to.
Main Ingredients: Shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, cacao butter, tapioca starch
Organic Ingredients: Shea butter, coconut oil, cacao butter
Australian Owned / Operated: Yes
Australian Made: Yes
“I’m already a pretty big fan of the lemon myrtle deodorant in this range, and now I’m sold on the original too. The scent is a lot more subtle than its lemon myrtle sister, but it does all the same stuff: keeps B.O at bay, is easy to apply and comes in awesome biodegradable packaging. I’m also quite a big fan of the amount in the tin – I reckon there’s a good couple of months’ worth of deodorant to see me through to summer. My only criticism is that the texture does get a little thicker in cooler weather – but never fret, it’s still easy to apply.”
“Formulated in a base of Shea Butter your skin will love this deodorant. It contains bicarb soda that provides a simple way to combat body odour without subjecting your pits to a variety of chemicals. Essential oils of Lavender, Organic, Mandarin & Geranium, it is lightly scented.”
“Pleasant smelling, felt soft on and not sticky, great compact size, long lasting effect.”