AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
SILVER ROSETTE WINNER – Baby Sleeping Bag Category
Merino Kids Go Go Bag
Excellent. Inner Lining – 100% superfine merino wool Outer Lining – 100% GOTS certified organic cotton.
Social Responsibility Summary:
- All garments and labels made with 100% certified organic cotton (biodegradable) and 100% superfine merino (biodegradable)
- No plastic or synthetic components (The only non-biodegradable elements are poppers and zips)
- All fabrics ethically and responsibly sourced
- New Zealand and Australian Woolmark accredited merino. (Provides certainty that product quality, animal welfare and health, environmental, economic and social values are positively addressed.)
- Ensure manufacturing partners follow policies of: no child labour, no forced labour, employees treated fairly with respect and dignity, safe and healthy working environment, fair wages, benefits and hours or work, comply with legal and ethical business practices.
- Materials sourced locally and products are shipped by sea freight not flown where possible
- Compostable and recyclable courier bags with recyclable labels
- No plastic packaging on garments, all swing tags made with recycled cardboard and can be recycled
- Partner charity – Little Sprouts, providing life changing baby boxes to vulnerable families in need. Set up a program ‘Bags of Love’ which encourages the community to send in their ‘pre-loved’ baby sleeping bag (any brand) and pass these on to Little Sprouts.
- All paper used in the business made with recycled paper or cardboard
- Within the company and all staff’s homes, all have committed to only using eco-friendly household products and do not use single use plastic.
“The Merino Kids Go Go Bag strikes you immediately as being exquisitely made with the highest quality materials. It is truly beautiful.
The Go Go Bag is the only sleeping bag I’ve come across which has a full merino lining on the inside touching the skin. The merino is so soft and fine that it is not irritating at all and a baby could happily sleep in a nappy inside. Having the merino on the inside of the bag is a huge advantage as that is truly where the merino’s temperature regulating properties can work best. This 100% merino lining enables the bag to regulate temperature so effectively that it is much thinner and lighter than other sleeping bags whilst still being effective for room temperatures between 18-30 degrees, depending on what is worn beneath. Being so breathable but light too, this is an excellent option for children with eczema and irritated skin. This is also always my go to if my little one has a fever as I know it’ll be cosy for them but keep them at the right temperature.
With press studs under the arms to alter sizing and being so light weight, the first size of go-go bag is suitable for newborns all the way up to 2 years old. A wonderful investment.
This sleeping bag is so amazingly versatile that once you’re out of your thick winter sleeping bags, it’ll carry you through the rest of the year. I do find on the colder nights that I prefer to use a thicker sleeping bag as I think the thickness and weight is more cosy and settling for a little one, however from the transitioning seasons and through summer this is a beauty. The travel vents are very easy to access through this bag which I found also super helpful when checking to see if I needed to change a wet nappy overnight. The vent material does firm up after washing and needs a bit of kneading to get soft again, however this doesn’t take long.
The Merino Kids Go Go Bag is the ultimate 3 seasons bag. It is beautifully made of the finest materials, light and adaptable. Highly recommended.”
“The Merino Kids Go Go Bag is the most beautifully soft, fine merino wool bag you could imagine to have you little one sleep in. I was impressed with the very fine quality of this bag from the fabric to the zips and the under-arm poppers. It is designed for all year-round use so the longevity of it is great. Even for use in summer “the merino lining against your baby’s skin will absorb more moisture than any other fabric and keep them cooler”. The packaging and the website also show what a wonderful quality product this is. A gorgeous product that you’d be very happy to own
Material: Superfine merino wool on the inside and 100% GOTS certified organic cotton on the outside.
Washing process: Machine wash on wool cycle, 30˙C max
Australian Owned / Operated: No – NZ
Australian Made: No – NZ and India
“The thing that strikes me most about this sleeping bag is how incredibly soft it is; Merino wool on the inside layer and organic cotton on the outer. Being wool, I love that it’s adaptable between temperatures of 18 and 30 degrees, and as luck has it, we were blessed with nights of both 18 degrees and 30 degrees in the week of its trial!
Bub did start to overheat a little one hot, sweltering night so I simply followed the instruction to strip him to his nappy and place him back in sleeping bag with the feet area unzipped, and his body temperature regulated and he drifted back to sleep. My favourite part was when the mercury gage dropped dramatically that night at about 3am, the sleeping bag switched from keeping him cool to keeping him warm, making it the perfect bedding during this interchangeable weather! The only tiny drawback for me is that I would prefer a two-way zip. I love the neutral colour palette and pattern!”
“Love that this comes with the drawstring bag. Gorgeous product, baby slept comfortably in this.”