AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
SILVER ROSETTE WINNER – Drink Bottle Category
Klean Kanteen – Classic Insulated Water Bottle
High quality 18/8 Stainless steel, silicone, Polypropylene, ‘Klean Coat’ non-toxic, durable finish
Social Responsibility Summary:
- Create highly durable, long lasting products – Klean Coat finish which is 4x more durable and chip resistant. This was created through a GreenScreen For SaferChemicals® assessment and contains no ingredients that adversely affect people or the environment.
- Interchangeable lids to make products more versatile so that less need to be purchased.
- Manufacturing operations meet high standards of quality (ISO 9001 & ISO/TS 16949), safe and fair labour, ethical business, and environmental responsibility (ISO 14001).
- Klean Kanteen staff are given 24 hours of volunteer time annually to support diverse nonprofits in the community.
- Certified B Corp
- 1% For The Planet member – Klean has given $2.7M to various NGO’s via 1% for the Planet since 2008.
- Support organisations doing vital work in areas of: plastic pollution, safe consumer products, land & water conservation, environmental stewardship.
- Partner with 5 Gyres, a global leader in the effort to research aquatic plastic pollution—and advocate for and restore healthy, plastic-free oceans.
- Support the Breast Cancer Prevention Partners mission to eliminate environmental toxins that have been linked to breast cancer.
- Partner with Environmental Working Group
- In 2020, Klean will be certified “Climate Neutral” via a 3rdparty certification, much like 1% FTP and BCorp.
“If you need the most durable, high performing, well made water bottle, this Klean Kanteen Insulated Drink Bottle is for you. It’s incredibly sturdy and I can’t imagine you’d ever see a dent. It has a highly durable, chip resistant, easy grip coating and keeps its contents cold for a whopping 50 hours and hot for 20 hours! I don’t think there’s any other product out there that can match that. To think you could go camping and wake up and have a hot coffee first thing the next morning without having to set up a camping stove is a real winner!
This bottle is made to last a lifetime. Being ultra-insulated, it is more bulky in size, however surprisingly is not any heavier. There is no risk of leaks as the cap screws on well and has a silicone seal. The cap including its base is polypropylene. This is a ‘safe’ plastic and has been shown not to leach. However, I do love a completely plastic free option and Klean Kanteen has a compatible stainless steel cap available, though it can only be used for carrying cold liquids.
An amazingly strong, beautifully made and incredibly high performing bottle.”