AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
SILVER ROSETTE WINNER – Bed Linen Category
Ecodownunder – Classic Organic Cotton Sheets
Excellent. 100% GOTS certified organic cotton
Social Responsibility Summary:
- Products are made to last. Linen isn’t stone washed so it is stronger, more durable and improves with age.
- Products are all made from natural fibres. Bedding is made from either organic cotton or eco cotton.
- Build long term relationships with partners in India who are chosen carefully. One of biggest partners focusses on enabling women to work. Offer on site creche and medical facilities, accommodation for workers who live too far for daily travel, on site produce gardens for a supply of fresh fruit and vegetables, water purification and recycling programmes.
- No single use packaging in store. Have eliminated all single use plastic packaging from stores, and moved away from biodegradable bags.
- Remove unnecessary packaging at factory level, including cardboard and point of sale packaging. Products finished tied with a cotton ribbon and given to customers in organic cotton shopping bags.
- Trialling compostable mailing bags
- Control packaging at source from overseas and where possible buy from Australian suppliers. Deliver organic cotton bags to suppliers so that they do not send their products to us wrapped in plastic.
- Any plastic and cardboard that does come into the warehouse is compressed and collected by a recycling company.
- Avoid production unless it is absolutely necessary and however small even business cards.
- Communicate values to staff who adopt values and behaviours at home and with friends -don’t use single use plastic in kitchen, have a bokashi for composting food scraps after daily office lunches. Have conversations around sustainable living.
- Support charities and local community organisations and are always willing to donate to local fundraising initiatives.
- Long term relationship with Sea Shepherd and have supported their fundraising over many years through established partner chain.
“Ecodownunder’s organic cotton sheets are beautifully thick without being heavy and crisp without being scratchy.
The material is made from a thicker yarn which means these sheets will wash and wear extremely well and last the test of time. They are perfectly weighted for use all year round and they continue to get softer and even more lovely with every wash.
These are a fantastic, high quality, durable and very affordable non-toxic bed linen option. Highly recommended.”
“A very well-made set of pillow cases in a thick cotton weave that makes them feel crisp and like you are staying in a nice hotel! They are finished off very nicely with good sewing and seams. They wash up well and are nice to sleep on. A great priced product for your everyday bedroom use.
Main Ingredients: Organic Cotton
Organic Ingredients: Yes – GOTS certified
Australian Owned / Operated: Yes
Australian Made: No – India”
“I feel a little like I’m staying at a hotel lying my head to rest on these pillowcases – they have a lovely hotel-style thick texture to them at the same time as being extremely soft. They wash well and retain their softness even without the aid of fabric softener. I can see them lasting a fair few years! And I love the packaging too.”
“This linen is thick & luxurious, I have previously used their full sheet sets & found that they out last other brands. A friend of mine also uses Ecodownunder sheets for her B&B so the sheets are washed all the time & even after 1-2 years, they still feel the same as when purchased. Highly recommended!”
“Beautiful to touch, made from High quality material. Washed Beautifully.”