AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
GOLD ROSETTE WINNER – Drink Bottle Category
Biome– Stainless Steel Insulated Water Bottle
Excellent. 304 High quality, food grade stainless steel, silicone, polypropylene
Social Responsibility Summary:
- Every product at Biome is free from all known or suspected toxins
- Made without exploitation or harm to people or animals
- Only stock products longer lasting than the alternative, thus saving resources and pollution
- B Corporation certification
- GreenPower for locations, plus energy efficient lighting
- Offset online shipping’s environmental impact by donating to Greening Australia’s Reef Aid program
- In store recycling program
- Re-using of all materials for packing orders in warehouse
- Fitting out stores with recycled, repurposed, and no VOC materials
- Seek packaging free products from suppliers
- Very strict standards on products stocked- from ingredients to biodegradability, sustainability and less carbon miles.
- A huge list of environmental and community organisations supported over the years including donations to many school waste free lunch and composting programs as well as the Ipswich Koala Protection Society.
- Australian business
“The first thing about Biome’s stainless steel insulated bottle that strikes you is that it’s really well made and sturdy. It’s not a water bottle that will dent and the brushed silver stainless steel finish hides scratches and will keep it looking brand new for a lot longer.
There are a lot of things I really like about this bottle. It’s lid has a silicone ring around it to make it easy to grip and open. I found it so much easier to close this tightly and then subsequently open it again because of the grip. This drink bottle will not leak.
Inside the lid, only silicone and stainless steel make contact with your water which means there are no worries about plastics and leaching. (However, the only plastic in this product is a tiny bit of polypropylene which is a ‘safe’ plastic and hasn’t been shown to leach. This does not make contact with the contents of the bottle anyway.) Finally, the size of this bottle is super convenient. It’s easy to hold and also isn’t too heavy to squeeze into a bag to take out and about. It also keeps drinks hot for 12 hours and cold for 18 hours!
Biome has also gone to great measures to make sure this water bottle is completely lead free. Some other brands of bottles had been found to have lead in their solder on the outside base. Biome’s is confirmed and tested lead free.
A really well made, sturdy, stainless steel drink bottle. Highly recommended.”
“The Biome stainless steel bottle is a simple design and easy to use. As it is double walled, it keeps drinks colder for longer. It is easy to drink from and to fill. I like the easy to open lid with a non-slip grip and the polished finish. It is comforting to be assured that it is lead free. A great bottle that’s a go to for everyday use.
Type: Double walled vacuum insulated stainless steel bottle (lead free solder seal)
Design intent: Silver matt finish. Easy to use, multi-use bottle
Material: 304 stainless steel. Ergonomic silicone band around lid, for grip upon opening
Australian Owned / Operated: Yes
Australian Made: No
“As far as stainless steel drink bottles go, this one is super sleek and elegant. I love how little fuss there is – just a beautifully-shaped slimline bottle with a small screw cap. The bottle is 95% stainless steel with a small amount of black silicone around the lid. It kept my water wonderfully cold throughout the day. The only drawback for me is that the diameter at the mouth of the bottle is a little small to drink from– but this may be because I’m so used to drinking from the mouth circumference of my drink bottle. Plus, I wouldn’t want to change the shape of the bottle – it’s so beautiful!”
“This is a great water bottle! It’s no fuss, ample size, not too big so it isn’t bulky to carry, especially on the go & a great size for heading out for a walk. Keeps the drink cool which is most important. Made 100% from stainless steel this is the ultimate long-lasting Eco-water bottle that will last & last. Plastic free & unbreakable.”
“Great Size for kids’ school bags and hand size”