AUSTRALIAN NON-TOXIC AWARD
BRONZE ROSETTE WINNER – Haircare Category
Biome – Dry Shampoo DIY Pre-Mix
Social Responsibility Summary:
- Packaged in a reusable, recyclable container
- Made without exploitation or harm to people or animals
- Handcrafted in small batches to reduce waste and ensure quality
- B Corporation certification
- Palm Oil Free – Palm Oil Investigations Australia endorsement
- GreenPower for locations, plus energy efficient lighting
- Offset online shipping’s environmental impact by donating to Greening Australia’s Reef Aid program
- In store recycling program
- Re-using of all materials for packing orders in warehouse
- Fitting out stores with recycled, repurposed, and no VOC materials
- Very strict standards on products stocked- with considerations of ingredients, biodegradability, sustainability and less carbon miles.
- A huge list of environmental and community organisations supported over the years including donations to many school waste free lunch and composting programs as well as the Ipswich Koala Protection Society.
- Australian business
“Dry shampoo is a busy person’s saviour, however mainstream ones are commonly filled with toxic ingredients. Biome’s Dry Shampoo is a completely non-toxic, effective option which you can scent with essential oils if you wish and comes in a reusable and recyclable container. Available in both a light and dark hair option, there’s a lot to love about this product.
I decided not to fragrance mine with oils as I was using the mix for dark hair. I liked the very subtle chocolatey smell from the cacao and it meant that I had no DIY to do at all! A pinch of this powder sprinkled onto my roots and rubbed into the scalp removed all visible oils in my hair and with a quick shake of my head to remove any excess, it left my hair not only looking clean, but with volume too! This was so easy to use. It literally took no time at all and was as good as any dry shampoo I’ve ever used.
A highly effective, volumising, non-toxic dry shampoo which is so simple to use. Highly recommended.”
“I haven’t had much luck with dry shampoos in the past but I was so surprised at how effective this one was. As it said in the instructions it does make a mess so over the sink is best. I didn’t need a lot – it lifted my very oily hair and made it look clean and fresh. Felt fine on the scalp. A great idea.
Main Ingredients: Cornstarch, arrowroot, cacao, Moroccan lava clay, bicarb.
Organic Ingredients: No
Australian Owned / Operated: Yes
Australian Made: Yes
“Using this product for the first time, I had that funny old feeling that I had when using natural deodorant or a shampoo bar for the very first time… Hang on, you mean I have to apply it with my hands?! Without the aid of a bottle or a spray? But, wait…. this is so weird!!
This amazing little product comes as powder in a lovely little glass jar with a tin lid. You simply take a pinch, sprinkle onto your scalp, and voila, oily roots no more! I love the all-natural ingredients: arrowroot, cacao, Moroccan lava clay and bi-carb. I love that it’s designed for darker hair, aka me. This is back to basics, in the most practical and simplistic way. And it’s so easy to use, with no mess whatsoever. Goodbye unnecessary plastic bottles and aerosols! Goodbye dodgy dry shampoo ingredients. Rejoice.”
“Vegan & palm oil-free, made with 5 healthy ingredients – Corn starch, Arrowroot, Cocoa, Moroccan Lava Clay & Bi-Carb. Biome’s dry shampoo works well to remove excess oil by soaking up oil from the scalp & hair without stripping & drying the hair. You simply brush it through the hair, I tip my head over & then brush out the excess product & right away your hair is revitalized & ready go all day without needing to wash it – this is perfect for days when you just don’t have time to wash your hair or you want to go another day. Best of all it is 100% zero waste packaged in glass & an aluminium lid. Love it!”
“This Dry Shampoo fix is super Fab, especially for me who can often get oily hair super quick between washes. As I feel like I am always in a rush this product works a treat. The cute little jar it comes in is lovely too and will certainly be repurposed when finished!”